|Photo: Cracked wheat and parsley salad (Tabooleh) – Chef Osama
The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to try Cracked wheat and parsley salad (Tabooleh) Recipe. Enjoy quick and easy Middle Eastern food recipes and learn how to make Cracked wheat and parsley salad (Tabooleh).
1/2 cup fine cracked wheat
4 cups parsley,stems removed,finely chopped
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
8 green onions (scallions, spring onions), white parts only, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 large tomato, finely diced
4 tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
2 hearts romaine lettuce
Salt and black pepper to taste
– Pick stones from bulk cracked wheat before using.
– Rinse with cold water.
– Drain and set aside.
– Rinse the parsley and pat dry before chopping.
– In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients except the lettuce and mint.
– Let the salad stand in the refrigerator for 1 hour to absorb the flavors.
– Add the finely chopped mint before serving.
– Toss and taste for extra seasoning.
– Serve on a bed of lettuce.
Source: Chef Osama