|Photo: Ghoriba with Pistachio Recipe|
The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes)invites you to try Ghoriba with Pistachio (Butter cookie with pistachio) Recipe. Enjoy quick and easy Middle Eastern food recipes and learn how to make Ghoriba with Pistachio (Butter cookie with pistachio).
Serves : 8 Persons
Duration : 8:10 Min
1 Cup Softened Butter
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 Large Egg White
2 Cups Flour
1 Dash Salt
For garnishing Coarsely ground pistachio, and pistachio halves
1. Fit the middle rack in the oven. Preheat panggangan to 180 degrees.
2. In an electric mixing bowl put the butter and sugar. Fit the balloon whisk on the mixer. Turn on mixer to medium and mix until creamy (approx. 5 minutes).
3. Remove balloon whisk. Fit the K Beater onto the mixer. Add flour and salt. Turn on medium speed until dough forms.
4. Put ground pistachio in a shallow dish. Set aside.
5. Take a walnut sized piece of dough. Roll in hands forming a ball. Place ball onto the coarse ground pistachio and press gently so the bottom is covered with pistachio.
6. Place onto cookie sheet. Repeat with rest of cookie dough separating cookies 1 inch apart.
7. Decorate each cookie with pistachio half.
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cookies should not turn brown in color before removing.
9. Remove Ghoriba from oven. Let cool for 2-3 minutes and transfer cookies to a cookie rack.