|Photo: Kabab Halabi Recipe|
Kabab Halabi is a kind of kebab served with a spicy tomato sauce and Aleppo pepper, very common in Syria and Lebanon, named after the city of Aleppo (Halab). Kebab Halabi has around 26 variants including:
- Kebab karaz (cherry kebab in Arabic): meatballs (lamb) along with cherries and cherry paste, pine nuts, sugar and pomegranate molasses. It is considered one of Aleppo’s main dishes especially among Armenians.
- Kebab kashkhash: rolled lamb or beef with chili pepper paste, parsley, garlic and pine nuts.
- Kebab Hindi: rolled meat with tomato paste, onion, capsicum and pomegranate molasses.
- Kebab kamayeh: soft meat with truffle pices, onion and various nuts.
- Kebab siniyye (tray kebab in Arabic): lean minced lamb in a tray added with chili pepper, onion and tomato.
Yield: 10 persons
Ingredients (10 persons)
Amount Measure Name
2.00 kg Ground Beef
20.00 g Knorr Beef Bouillon Powder
90.00 g Parsley
400.00 g Onion
5.00 g Black Pepper for taste
20.00 g Knorr Steak & Chops Seasoning
6.00 g Cumin
5.00 g Smoked paprika
1.00 kg Knorr Tomato Pronto
100.00 ml Extra virgin olive oil
1. Mix ground beef with Knorr Beef Bouillon Powder, parsley, white onion, black pepper, Knorr Steak and Chops Spice Speciality Seasoning, cumin powder and paprika until it mixed through.
2. Turn the meat mix into round shape and brown both sides in a pan with olive oil.
3. In an panggangan tray, pour in Knorr Tomato Pronto then place the kebabs on top, cover with aluminium foil and bake in the panggangan for 20 minutes on 150°C.
4. Should be served with white rice on the side.