|Photo: Kibbeh(Meat Cracked Wheat Fritters) Recipe|
The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to try Kibbeh(Meat Cracked Wheat Fritters) Recipe. Enjoy the Lebanese Cuisine and learn how to make Kibbeh(Meat Cracked Wheat Fritters).
1 Cup of cracked wheat (bulgur)
1/2 Kg ground meat (beef or lamb)
1 Grated onion
1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Allspice or kibbee spices
1/4 Ice cold water or crushed ice
1/4 Kg ground meat (beef or lamb)
1/2 Onion, diced
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
1/2 teaspoon Allspice or kibbee spices
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
salt and pepper to taste
oil for frying
– Wash the cracked wheat very well. Let drain and squeeze out the excess water.
– Take the cracked wheat and place it on a tray to dry for about 2 hours.
– Grate the onion, mix it with the cracked wheat and add the meat. Mix them together until well combined.
– Add your seasonings. Salt, pepper, and allspice. Mix once again very well.
TIP: You can mix these ingredients in a food processor so that they become better combined.
Preparation for the filling
– Heat up the oil, then add your diced onion, cook until golden in color. -Add the meat to the onions and cook until the meat is done.
– Add your salt, pepper and allspice. -Drain any excess fat from the filling. -Add the toasted pine nuts.
Making Kibee Balls
– Soak your hands in cold water. Take a small piece of dough. -Push with your index finger into the center of the ball making an indentation or place for the filling to go.
– The hole should be long in length in order to fill the dough ball. -Once this is done take a small amount of the filling and place it into the ball.
– Close the ball with your index finger and thumb. Repeat this step with every ball.
– Once all of them are made, you will heat up your frying oil and place each Kibbee Ball into the hot oil for frying.
– Once they are medium brown in color, take them out of the oil and place on a paper towel to soak up the excess oil.