|Photo: Homemade Cheese Recipe|
The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to try Homemade Cheese Recipe. Enjoy the Lebanese Cuisine and learn how to make Homemade Cheese.
Serves : 4-5 Persons
5 Liters Whole milk
1/2 Cup Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Black seeds
1. In a large heavy saucepan boil milk.
2. Remove pan from heat. Add vinegar to milk. Stir well.
3. Let milk sit until it begins to separate forming chunks.
4. Pour out most of the liquid keeping milk in pan.
5. Put into a cheesecloth bag. Add salt and black seeds. Place strainer on a deep bowl so that the strainer does not touch bottom of bowl. Put cheesecloth in strainer. Place a heavy pot onto cheese and let sit until all liquid strains out (for a few hours). If liquid level gets high, touching strainer empty the bowl.
6. Remove cheese from cheesecloth and serve with bread, olive, and tomato.