|Photo: Lamb Shanks with Pumpkin and Dates Recipe|
The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to try Lamb Shanks with Pumpkin and Dates Recipe. Enjoy the Lebanese Cuisine and learn how to make Lamb Shanks with Pumpkin and Dates.
4 lamb shank
1 tablespoon ground mix spices
salt and pepper
2 tablespoon oil
1 cup onion (shallots), peeled
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
1/2 cup orange juice
2 tablespoon date molasses (debbs)
4 cups water
2 cups tomato, chopped
4 cups pumpkin, cubed
1 cup soft date, halved
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped (garnish)
– Rub meat with spices, season with salt and pepper.
– Heat oil in a saucepan over medium high heat, add shallots and stir for few minutes.
– Remove shallots from oil, set aside.
– Add meat to the same pan and sear until browned.
– Stir in chopped onion and garlic for two minutes.
– Add juice, molasses, water and tomato, let boil.
– Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes or until meat is almost done.
– Add dates, pumpkin and shallots, bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are done.
– Garnish with parsley when serving next to boiled rice or pasta.
Source: Chef Osama