|Photo: BBQ haloumi skewers and Mediterranean vegetables recipe|
The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to try BBQ haloumi skewers and Mediterranean vegetables Recipe. Enjoy the Middle Eastern Cuisine and learn how to make BBQ haloumi skewers and Mediterranean vegetables.
Vegetarians will love these BBQ haloumi cheese skewers, cooked with Mediterranean vegetables and served in warm pitta bread. So simple!
Makes 6 skewers
Takes 10 minutes to prepare, 2 hours to marinade and 20 minutes to cook
1 garlic clove, crushed
18 whole pitted black olives
100ml (3fl oz) olive oil
400g (l4oz) haloumi cheese
3 large tomatoes
6 new potatoes
2 large courgettes
1 red onion
6 kebab skewers
Pitta bread to serve
1. Blend (or chop finely) the garlic, olives and olive oil together to form a marinade.
2. Cut the cheese into 2.5cm (1in) cubes.
3. Cut tomatoes into four and remove the seeds. Cut potatoes in half lengthways, boil until tender and drain.
4. Chop the remaining vegetables into 2.5cm (1in) cubes and thread them onto skewers with the potatoes and tomatoes.
5. Marinade the kebabs for two hours. Prepare barbecue for cooking if not using grill.
6. Cook over barbecue or grill until tender, turning after two minutes on each side, and serve immediately in pitta bread.
© The Vegetarian Society 2008