The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to try Turkish Silverbeet & Feta Gozleme Recipe. Enjoy the Middle Eastern Cuisine and learn how to make Turkish Silverbeet & Feta Gozleme.
Ingredients – makes 4
3 cups high grade flour
1.25 cups luke warm water
2 tsp instant yeast
One bunch of Silverbeet, finely sliced
4 spring onions, finely sliced
2 tsp cumin seeds
200g feta cheese, crumbled
Olive oil for frying
1. Place the flour in a large bowl and make a well in the middle.
2. Put the yeast into the well and pour the warm water over the yeast and leave to dissolve for a 2 minutes until dissolved.
3. Stir together and knead into a soft dough and knead for 5 minutes until the dough is glossy.
4. Divide dough into four and place each piece on a floured tray with plenty of space for dough to double in size. Cover tray with a plastic bag and make sure the bag doesn’t touch the dough.
5. Stand in a warm place for 20 minutes or until dough doubles in size.
6. Roll each piece of dough into rectangles so that the dough is paper thin, approx 12 x 6 inches.
7. Divide the silverbeet, feta and spring onions into four and top half of each dough rectangle with the ingredients, feta first then silverbeet and onions.
8. Sprinkle cumin seeds over each filling.
9. Fold dough over to enclose filling and seal edges together.
10. Heat a griddle or barbecue plate or caste iron pan over a medium-high heat.
11. Place a thin layer of olive oil on the griddle and place the Gozleme on top.
12. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until base is golden.
13. Brush uncooked side of gozleme with olive oil.
14. Turn over and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden and crisp.
15. Remove to a serving plate and cut into wedges.
16. Serve with lemon or lime wedges.