|Photo: Layered Pomfret & Rice|
Delicious Lebanese Recipes – The home of tasty and easy Lebanese recipes invites you to try Layered Pomfret & Rice ( Kuwaiti style) Recipe. Enjoy the most delicious food for the eyes from savory to sweet and learn how to make Layered Pomfret & Rice ( Kuwaiti style).
1 Kg Zubaidi (pomfret fish)
1 Tablespoon ground spices (ginger, dried lemon, cardamom, cumin, clove, cinnamon, black peeper)
1 Cup olive oil
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
4 Cups water
3 Onions, medium size
1 Celery stalk, cut into chunks
1 Carrot, cut into chunks
1 Lemon, cut into slices
2 Bay leaves
2 Green peppers, cut into julienne
1/4 Cup raisins
1/2 teaspoon saffron
3 Cup stock
1 tablespoon corn oil
4 Cup basmati rice, parboiled
2 Cup yogurt
Salt and papper
– Clean the fish and leave it in salted water with some flour for 30 minutes.
– Rinse and drain in a colander.
– Make slits on both sides of the fish using a sharp knife.
– In a mixing bowl, mix half of the spices, half of the olive oil, lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
– Marinate the fish, making sure that the marinade is covering all over the fish and into the slits. Set aside.
– Boil water in a large pan. Cut one onion into big chunks, add it to the water.
– Add celery, carrot, lemon and bay leaves.
– Add the marinated fish and let boil for 5 minutes. Take out the fish and set aside.
– Cut the remaining onions into julienne. Heat the remaining oil in another pan over medium heat and sauté the onions.
– Add green pepper, stirring the mixture for 5 minutes.
– Add the remaining spices, raisins, saffron and stock. Season with salt and pepper.
– Let the mixture come to a boil, then lower the heat and let simmer for 7 minutes.
– Grease a large non-stick pan with corn oil.
– In a large mixing bowl, mix 1 cup rice with yogurt. Spread to cover the bottom of the pan.
– Assemble layers of the fish, onion mixture, the remaining rice alternatively, seasoning each layer with salt and pepper, pressing down slightly.
– Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, lower the heat, cover and let cook for 15 minutes or until fully cooked.
– Let cool. Invert the pan over a large serving plate.
Layered pomfret fish and Basmati rice
Zubaidi is the national Kuwaiti fish