|Photo: Hummus with Lamb and Lemon Recipe
Tyler Anderson/National Post
The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to try Hummus with Lamb and Lemon Recipe. Enjoy the Middle Eastern Cuisine and learn how to make Hummus with Lamb and Lemon.
– 4 cups cooked chick peas
– 1 cup tahina paste
– 4 tbsp lemon juice
– 4 cloves garlic, crushed
– ½ cup ice water or more if necessary
– 1 tsp kosher salt or more to taste
– 10 oz finely chopped lamb or ground lamb
– ¼ tsp each of freshly ground white pepper and black pepper
– ½ tsp each ground allspice and cinnamon
– good pinch freshly grated nutmeg
– 1 tsp each crushed dried za’atar leaves or oregano and kosher salt
– 1 tbsp each white wine vinegar, chopped fresh mint and parsley
– 1 tbsp olive oil lemon sauce:
– ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
– 1 green chile, finely chopped (to taste)
– 4 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
– 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
– 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley for garnish
1. For hummus: reserve about ½ cup chick peas for garnish. Place remaining chick peas in a food processor and purée until a stiff paste. Add tahina, lemon juice, garlic and salt. Slowly drizzle in ice water and process about 5 minutes until very smooth and creamy. If mixture is too thick, add additional ice water.
2. In a bowl, combine meat with pepper, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, za’atar, salt, vinegar, mint and parsley. Heat oil in a heavy skillet until very hot and saute meat, in two batches, about 3 to 4 minutes until well browned.
3. For lemon sauce: combine parsley, chile, lemon juice, vinegar and garlic. Season to taste.
4. To assemble: Spread hummus on 6 plates (or one platter if serving as an appetizer). Spoon meat into the centre. Drizzle with lemon sauce and sprinkle with reserved chick peas, pine nuts and chopped parsley. Makes 6 servings
Source: National Post