The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to read this article about 10 simple timesaving tips.
Preparing delicious family meals doesn’t have to go by the wayside when you’re time poor.
Here’re our top 10 tips to help you save time in the kitchen:
1. Chop up a lot of fresh garlic at once and store it in the fridge covered in oil for up to seven days (no longer). Garlic can also be stored in oil in the freezer for several months.
2. Once a week, buy a selection of lettuce and wash and dry it thoroughly, before chopping it and storing it in the fridge for quick easy salads.
3. Pre-chop an array of vegetables and store them in plastic containers in the fridge. Not only does this make meals faster but encourages you to snack on and eat more vegetables in your meals.
4. Frozen berries or tinned fruit in natural juice are perfect for quick desserts, either served with cream or ice-cream or made into quick tarts or pies with pre-made pastry.
5. Canned soup makes a perfect quick and easy base for a hearty soup – just add vegetables, pulses, meat, pasta or noodles.
6. Make a healthy stir-fry using pre-sliced veggies, stir-fry meat, Asian noodles and a premade sauce.
7. Make large quantities of things such as pasta sauces, soups and pesto and freeze them in portions for quick meals when you haven’t got the time to start from scratch.
8.Planning meals for the week can save you a lot of time in the grocery store. It’s usually more economical too.
9. Blanch veggies such as spinach or peas quickly by putting them in a colander and pouring a teakettle full of boiling water over them slowly.
10. Put stock, pesto, wine or chopped herbs and a little water in ice-cube trays, freeze, then place in a plastic bag. You can defrost a few quickly as needed or pop into straight into soups, stir-fries and stews for extra flavour.
Taste.com.au – July 2012