Years back, I was drawn to this recipe for two reasons– the egg noodles do not have to be cooked ahead of time, and… I LIKE SAUERKRAUT!!!!
2 of 15-16 oz. cans sauerkraut, slightly rinsed and drained.
1 of 8 oz. package UNcooked medium width egg noodles.
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 and 1/3 cups milk
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium onion)
1 and 1/2 pounds Polish sausage (OR Lite Kielbasa), cut into 1/2″ slices.
2 cups shredded Swiss cheese (or 8 oz. Swiss Cheese slices)
3/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs.
2 tablespoons butter, melted.
- Preheat panggangan to 350-degrees.
- Grease or spray a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Spread the sauerkraut over bottom of the baking dish.
- Top with UNcooked egg noodles.
- Mix together the cream of mushroom soup, milk, prepared mustard, and chopped onion. Stir until well blended. Spoon this evenly over the top of the egg noodles.
- Next, top with slices of sausage.
- Add the layer of Swiss cheese.
- Combine crumbs and melted butter in a small bowl; sprinkle over top.
- Cover dish tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350-degrees for 1 hour, or until noodles are tender.
take this casserole to pot luck
Source Recipe: http://milkmaidrecipebox.blogspot.com