- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 and 1/4 cups milk (I used whole milk)
- 1 cup canola or vegetable oil (I used “Smart Balance” oil blend)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (If using larger zucchini, cut lengthwise and scrape out the seeds and fibrous “stuff”, then grate. I did not peel it.)
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- Preheat panggangan to 350-degrees
- Set panggangan rack to second-lowest position
- Grease two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans (I also put a piece of parchment paper in the bottom of each.)
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, dry pudding mix, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, first whisk the eggs; add milk, oil, lemon juice and lemon extract. Whisk together.
- Using a wooden spoon or spatula, gently stir the “wet ingredients” into dry ingredients JUST until moistened. (Like when making muffins, do NOT over mix this batter.)
- Fold in the grated zucchini, poppy seeds and lemon peel.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick or thin wooden skewer inserted near the center comes out clean. In my oven, I needed to bake these two loves for about 1 hour (or 60 minutes).
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
* This recipe comes from the website of Kittencal’s Kitchen (a while back, when I sent her an e-mail and asked if I could make some of her recipes and post them in this blog, she wrote back and said “yes”. Thanks, Kitten Cal!
Source Recipe: http://milkmaidrecipebox.blogspot.com