After not having built a fire to warm the house in over a week, today’s fire warmed things up to ‘cozy’ in no time! And,…
Because I had some beautiful clumps of broccoli here,
I made a second soup with it today (this, for the freezer)…
There’s a package of hash brown potatoes in here?
- 6 cups water
- 2 lb. package frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 large head of broccoli, OR a 16 oz. package frozen California blend vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots)
- 4 teaspoons chicken soup starter (or bouillon granules)
- 1 cup cooked/cubed chicken pieces (optional)
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cans (10.75 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted.
- 1 cup milk
- In a large kettle, bring water to a boil. Add frozen hash browns, trimmed/cut broccoli pieces (OR vegetable blend) and soup starter (or bouillon). Continue heating until this reaches a full boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the cooked/cubed chicken (optional).
- Stir in cheese, soup and milk; cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately, or cool and freeze for up to 3 months in an airtight container.
Number of servings: 6
Source Recipe: http://milkmaidrecipebox.blogspot.com