Just three ingredients =
A “PEANUT-y” COOKIE!!
There are recipes (and many variations)
for these all over the Internet!
You wouldn’t think they could hold
together without flour, but they do!
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter (I don’t see why you couldn’t use the NUTTY variety, unless you do not like ‘crunchy’).
- 2 cups granulated sugar (some bakers use 1/2 of this amount in brown sugar; others substitute Splenda
- 2 large eggs
- Some bakers add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla to this dough, but I did not.
- Some put a Hershey’s Kiss into a mound of this dough before baking.
- Some mix chocolate chips into this dough.
- Some ???????????????????????????????.
Preheat the panggangan to 350°
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, or foil.
- Mix the peanut butter and sugar well. I put both into the bowl of my Kitchenaid stand mixer and let it ‘beat together’ (and sort of ‘fluff up’) for about 8 minutes, scraping the bowl a couple of times along the way.
- Add the eggs, one at a time. Continue mixing for about a minute. By adding the eggs, the ‘mix’ takes on more of a regular cookie dough texture.
I used a golf-ball-sized ‘cookie scooper/baller’ thing to scoop up the dough and put onto the parchment lined cookie sheets. If your cookies turn out like mine did, you can place them quite closely on the cookie sheet because they did not spread out very much. (I’d say leaving an inch between each should work just fine). Just before baking, using a fork, I made the ‘traditional’ kind of criss-cross design on their top– if the dough sticks to the fork tines, dip it (the fork) in either sugar or water.
Most bakers said to bake these at 350° for 8-10 minutes. With my oven, I baked them for 12 minutes. Adjust baking time according to your oven, but you do not want to bake them until they seem dried out.
These cookies are really tasty, but…
I suggest that, because
of their sweetness when you use regular
white sugar like I did, you limit these for just a
‘special treat’ when you think
you absolutely HAVE TO HAVE…
Source Recipe: http://milkmaidrecipebox.blogspot.com