THE COLOR IS BRIGHT,
the flavor is fresh!!
1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked
1 quart fresh strawberries, divided
1 cup white sugar
3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Bake single pie crust. Cool crust.
- Arrange half of strawberries (sliced) in baked pastry shell.
- Mash remaining berries and combine with sugar in a medium saucepan. Place saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- In a small container, whisk together cornstarch and water. Gradually stir cornstarch mixture into boiling strawberry mixture. Reduce heat and simmer mixture until thickened, about 5(?) minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour mixture over sliced, uncooked berries already in pastry shell. It ‘steams’ like this as hot meets cold…
- Chill for several hours before serving.
- In a small bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form.
- Serve each slice of pie with a dollop of whipped cream.
Source Recipe: http://milkmaidrecipebox.blogspot.com