If you google Creamy Tuna Noodle Casserole, you’ll come up with over 500,000 websites. Certainly, I haven’t checked very many of them out. Even if I don’t remember exactly where I got the basics of this recipe from,… we do like it.
- 6 cups (about 8 oz.) DRY medium egg noodles, PREPARED ACCORDING TO PACKAGE DIRECTIONS. (Macaroni noodles work for this, too.)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cans (5 oz. each) tuna, drained and flaked (I think MORE tuna would work, too.)
- 2 cans (10 oz. each) condensed cream of mushroom soup (I like the low-fat kind)
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk.
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese of your choice
- 1 cup of green beans OR frozen peas (Optional). When adding peas, I prefer frozen peas because they keep their color and shape better than canned peas.
- 2/3 cup crushed potato chips (Optional). I did not use them.
- Boil the egg noodles (or macaroni noodles) according to directions on the package.
- While the noodles are boiling, do the following…
- Preheat panggangan to 375 degrees. Grease or spray a 9×13″ baking dish (I used a glass dish)
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add celery and onion; cook, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in drained noodles, flaked tuna, soup, evaporated milk and grated cheese. Mix well.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle with potato chips (optional).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until top is only lightly browned (or until the “optional” potato chips topping is lightly browned).
- IF you do not add potato chips to the top, you can sprinkle a little cheese on top for the last five minutes of baking time.
Source Recipe: http://milkmaidrecipebox.blogspot.com