Below: Secondly, I put the ‘still too large’ pieces of cranberries back through the food processor, but this time I ran them through the ‘grating disc’ that came with it– now,…GOOD ENOUGH!
- 1 pound whole cranberries, chopped
- 1 cup sugar (IF you are “ANTI-tart”, you might want to add more.)
- 1 cup seeded grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, halved (optional)
- 1 cup small marshmallows (2 cups would add more volume)
- 1/2 cup whole pecan halves, or chopped pieces
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Combine fruits, marshmallows and nuts.
- Cover and put in refrigerator for a few hours or overnight (this helps the sugar ‘do its thing’).
- Whip the cream until it forms and holds soft peaks. Fold the cream into the fruit.
- Chill in refrigerator for 1-2 hours. Serves about 8.
P.S. I adapted this recipe from one in an old 1992 recipe booklet put out by Women’s Circle. Source Recipe: http://milkmaidrecipebox.blogspot.com