If you like a peanut butter
and chocolate combination,
you will probably like these.
(I consider the rolled oats a bonus!)
The “Cookie Dough” flavor– it’s gotten to be so popular these days. That flavor is now in ice cream, frozen ‘drinky’ things, custards, cheesecakes, truffles, dips, cocoa, pies, etc. I think these bars ended up having that flavor.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, well packed
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla (you could use 1 tablespoon maple syrup and 2 teaspoons maple extract)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 and 1/4 cups peanut butter (creamy, or crunchy)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups rolled oats (quick, or old-fashioned, or a combination of the two)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used 1 cup mini semi-sweet chips and 1 cup milk chocolate chips)
- Set panggangan to 350 degrees
- Set panggangan rack to second-lowest position (I used the middle position)
- Grease a 13×9-inch baking dish
- In a large bowl and using an electric mixer at medium speed cream the butter with both sugars and vanilla until no sugar granules remain (about 4 minutes).
- Add in the peanut butter and beat until combined.
- Add in eggs and beat until combined.
- In a bowl combine the flour with baking soda and oats; add to the creamed mixture and mix on low speed until combined.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Transfer and spread into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until JUST set (do not overbake). With my oven, this took 25 minutes.
- Cool first, then cut into squares.
Below: When I took them from the oven, they looked like this...
Below: After cooling, the edges were a bit higher than the center like this…
Below: After cooling, they cut very easily…
For me, this recipe is a keeper AND a repeater.
This basic recipe came from Kittencal’s Kitchen– she loves cooking/baking and many people benefit from her talent. Her name for these bars is Delicious Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars.
Source Recipe: http://milkmaidrecipebox.blogspot.com