Check these out…They are like
“brownies in a cookie’s body!”
We sometimes think we have to make have an excuse for making something this ‘chocolatey’, and I had mine:
- I saw a recipe for these on the Internet.
- I had an empty plate.
- I had cocoa and different kinds of chocolate chips on hand.
- In the refrigerator, I had cold milk wanting to get into a glass.
- I wanted some. For ‘one a day’ (you know, like the one a day multi-vitamins we sometimes take!)…
A ‘sniff’ is ALMOST as great as their taste! AL-MOST!
If you’re looking for a ‘healthy’ kind of cookie, you may have to skip over these!
Yield: After I made the dough into smooth 1.5″ balls, I ended up with about 4 dozen cookies.
- 2 cups (4 sticks) butter, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/3 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I used one of 12 oz. bag of semi-sweet chips, 1 cup of 60% cacao bittersweet chips, and 1 cup milk chocolate chips.)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat panggangan to 350-degrees.
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir dry into the butter mixture until well blended.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts
- Using hands, roll dough into 1.5″ balls and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for ‘about’ 11-12 minutes. (Ovens vary, so check yours with the first batch to see how long it takes for them to set up.)
- Let hot cookies sit on baking sheets for a few minutes so they can ‘finish baking’ before moving them to a cooling rack. Store in air-tight container (I don’t know that it’s necessary, but I like to put a layer of Saran wrap or waxed paper between the layers of cookies).
Wish I could hand you a sample (or more!).
This recipe was adapted from one submitted to allrecipes by Kathy of Pemberville, Ohio.
Source Recipe: http://milkmaidrecipebox.blogspot.com