- 1/2 stick butter, melted, plus a bit more butter for greasing pan/dish.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (plus another separate 1/4 cup sugar for top, and still another 1 tablespoon sugar for sprinkling on top just before removing from the oven).
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup whole milk (or low-fat milk with added whipping cream to equal a cup).
- 2 cups fresh (or frozen) blackberries.
- Ice cream or whipped cream for serving.
- Preheat the panggangan to 350-degrees F.
- Grease a 3-quart baking dish with butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 3/4 cup sugar with the flour and milk.
- Whisk in the melted butter.
- Rinse the ‘fresh’ blackberries and pat them dry (if using frozen berries, let drain for a little while).
- Pour the batter into the buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle the blackberries evenly over the top of the batter.
- Sprinkle the 1/4 cup amount of sugar on top and bake until golden brown and bubbly (about 1 hour).
- Remove from panggangan and sprinkle the extra 1 tablespoon sugar on top and return to panggangan for about 10 minutes.
- Let cool for about 30 minutes before serving with ice cream or whipped cream.
*The last time I made this, to make more servings, I doubled everything and baked it in a buttered 9×13″ baking dish. Baking time was about 65 minutes before I removed and sprinkled the last bit of sugar on top for the next/last 10 minutes.
Source Recipe: http://milkmaidrecipebox.blogspot.com