I am happy with how these turned out!
I’d have added a LOT of chopped walnuts!
Above: I baked some of these in the little
‘mini’ cupcake papers.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely ground wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (light, or dark)
- 2 tablespoons milled flax seed (make sure they’re ‘fresh enough’ that they don’t have an ‘old/rancid’ taste).
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed (not to the ‘soupy’ stage, though)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I used Hellmann’s brand)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (I used regular)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, OR a Hershey’s Kiss– totally OPTIONAL!
- Preheat panggangan to 375-degrees.
- Grease/spray 12 regular-sized muffin cups, or use paper cupcake liners. I used two pans– one was a large-type 6-holer for making LARGE muffins, and the other pan was for regular-sized muffins. I put paper cupcake liners in both pans. This recipe filled the “six-holer” and just four of the regular-sized muffin wells.
- Stir the flour(s), baking soda, baking powder, sugar(s) and the flax seed together until evenly blended.
- Add the mashed banana, mayonnaise, sour cream and vanilla to the dry ingredients. Stir only until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin cups to about 3/4 full (I used my lever-action cookie scoop for this–the big papers took about two scoopsful.)
- After the batter was in the liners, you could add some chocolate chips, but,…. I just ‘pushed’ one regular-sized Hershey’s Kiss down into the middle of each, leaving only the very tip of it sticking out. When the muffins were done, they ended up looking like this on the inside… the ‘chocolate kiss’ can be the ‘surprise’.
- Bake on middle rack in a preheated panggangan until golden brown and the tops spring back when lightly pressed– for about 20-25 minutes. BUT!, the four baking in the smaller muffin tins were done in about 15 minutes (I think!).
- Because ovens are so ‘different’, check on their baking progress after the first 15 minutes and even more closely after that.
…it WAS . SO . GOOD with a cold glass of milk!!
May 10, 2013… today, I made another batch
a DOUBLE batch and baked them in
various sized muffin pans/papers…
Into the freezer, they go……… they keep SO well!!!
Source Recipe: http://milkmaidrecipebox.blogspot.com