While the original recipe yields 1 dozen, when serving a crowd I find that these can easily be cut in half prior to baking them, & arranged nicely on the serving tray.
• 12 slices white bread, crusts removed
• 1 container (8 ounces) spreadable cream cheese
• 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
• 8 bacon strips, cooked & crumbled
• 24 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
• 1/4 cup butter, melted
• 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Flatten bread with a rolling pin. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, onions & bacon. Spread mixture over bread slices. Cut asparagus to fit bread; place two spears on each bread slice. Roll up bread & place, seam side down, on a greased baking sheet. Brush with butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve immediately. Yield: 1 dozen. Source